Wednesday, November 10, 2010

LOL MOMENT

I admit that during this transition I have had many different emotions.  I have had the, "Oh, this will be a great experience!" thought and the "What have we done?" thought also.  When Andy and I got the phone call to tell us that we are approved I don't think we said much that night instead we just looked like a deer in the headlights.  So, I needed an LOL moment!  You see even though we have been approved to Missionary Associate Status we still have to raise our funds and fulfill a lot of other obligations.  We were told to expect a large packet in the mail outlining the steps to take next.  The UPS man delivered the paperwork and I opened it feeling a little overwhelmed due to the size of the package.  But, then it happened my LOL moment.  The Assemblies of God had included photos of the regional director and the missionary on the field so we could put a face with a name.  When I pulled out the picture of the missionary on the field in Iceland it was a picture of my family over 20 years ago.  That cracked me up!  Of course the person that was completing the packet I am sure had no idea that the picture they included was me.  All I can say is the missionaries on the field already seem like family.  LOL  -- Proverbs 17:22

3 comments:

  1. That is funny, Kim! I'm sure you'll have more than one LOL moment as your prepare to go and during your travels around the country raising your budget. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will keep you updated on the LOL moments! Laughter is the best medicine! Proverbs 17:22

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed learning how your family was called to serve in Iceland. I was beyond thrilled when I found out about you from your mom. The chances of two families from the States being called to serve in Iceland, and (hopefully) to arrive around the same time, with a connection of your parents -- total God thing.

    Praying God's blessings for your family as you prepare to go...

    Cindy Jessup

    ReplyDelete