Monday, June 20, 2011

"Have you lost your mind?"

There have been many days when I wanted to quit my job. Especially after Luke was born but I really have loved working in public education for the past 9 years "Wow I am getting old!"  I have made lifelong friendships working in Burleson and I have loved every child that God has allowed to pass through my classroom. Some required more prayer than others but I still loved everyone of them.  This year when contract renewals came in I couldn't get it out of my spirit that I was to stay home.  Of course that is the short version -- you know God doesn't just say, "Hey, go ahead and quit!"  You have to get very uncomfortable in your spirit. That is when the freak out moments hit(notice the S).  I had thoughts of, "YOUR QUITTING IN A RECESSION,  HAVE LOST YOUR MIND?" -- But, on the other hand I felt like this was a giant leap of faith that we needed to take it was a trust God moment.  Andy and I talked about it at length (you know that wasn't a short conversation) and knew we were moving in a different direction and we needed to walk in it.  I suddenly understood Lot's wife (in the Bible for everyone who doesn't know who Lot is).  The Bible says, "Lot's wife had a longing to go back!"  I think it was a huge step of faith for her to walk out of her city that she was comfortable in. I had always thought the reason she turned around was because of the sin, but God showed me it was a trust issue.  She had to trust God fully and look forward without knowing what the future held.  She was walking out of a city that she had a comfortable life in and taking a giant leap of faith.  Well, we all know how that story turned out for her -- SALTY!   I think so often we don't move forward in Christ because we are afraid to take that leap of faith and not look back. My prayer is that I am not like Lot's wife because being a pillar of salt would stink (LOL) but, that I look forward to the journey that Christ has for us and trust HIM fully.  

2 comments:

  1. We sure will miss you....but I know your faith will get you where you need to be....praying daily....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's good. Excited to hear more!

    ReplyDelete