Sunday, March 13, 2011

Missionary School

This week we are off to Pre-Field Orientation in Springfield, Mo. I always love going to Springfield.  I was born in Springfield across the street from the General Council of the Assemblies of God which is the missions board we are working for.  I went to college for a semester there and every summer during college I worked with the MK's (missionary kids) during Pre-Field Orientation in Springfield.  So, needless to say, I have a list of places and people I would like to see.
1. I would like to eat frozen custard at Andy's Frozen Custard Shop, started by Andy Bohon...j/k
2. I will eat more than once at Hong Kong Inn -- Springfield Cashew Chicken its amazing!!
3. I want to go to the Bass Pro shop just to look around.  Luke will love it!
4.  I would like to see some MK friends that I have in Springfield.
5.  Lambert's -- Need I say more?

I did notice a lot of my list is food places so I guess #6 should be return to TX and go on a diet.  But, most of all I pray that we are able to soak up all that God has for us.  The week ends with a commissioning service of all the missionaries in this school.   Please pray for us this week that we will get all that God has in store for our lives. 

3 comments:

  1. Kim,

    I think we need to have DNA testing done. I'm thinking that you're my other daughter....LOL Your list of things to do involve a lot of eating...LOL Have a good week and be open to receive ALL that God has for you. Love you, girl!!

    Sherrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherrin, we just appreciate the great things in life. Thank you we are enjoying our time -- lots to process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things about Springfield LOL. Our hearts and prayers are so with you guys this weeks. Love(Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete