Monday, November 14, 2011

Hungry in Iceland





People often ask us what is the food like in Iceland.  I can tell you that Icelandic food is amazing. Baked foods, fresh fish, amazing chocolate, great cheese.  But you often have surprises too.  One of the first months I was in Iceland as a young teenager I went to camp.  It was dinner time and I was getting hungry.  I smelled something in the kitchen that smelled so good. I went into the kitchen and while no one was looking I opened the pot and out came an entire lambs head eyeballs and all. I screamed because I had never seen that before and needless to say I didn't feel hungry that evening for dinner.  LOL!  Food culture in every country is so different.  But, even with the surprises we can't wait to get to Iceland and eat Pönnukökur and stand in a long line for a famous Lamb Hotdog with fried onions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment